10 Prateek Kuhad Songs for Every Mood
Pensive, happy, cranky or envious, we’ve got you covered
Yesterday former U.S. President Barack Obama announced his Favorite Music for 2019, which included New Delhi singer-songwriter Prateek Kuhad’s track “cold/mess.” With Kuhad making waves at Austin’s SXSW conference/festival since 2013, he’s also bagged accolades such as MTV Europe Music Awards and Radio City Freedom Awards closer home. It comes as no surprise, then that his music made its way to the ears of the 44th President of America. Having recently concluded a mammoth winter tour across the U.S., U.K., India, France, Belgium and Germany, here’s a Prateek Kuhad playlist that won’t disappoint.
The singer-songwriter’s cold/mess EP is a trove of tumultuous emotions, a perfect score for heavy petting.
2. When self-doubt gets the better of you? “Raat Raazi”
Die-hard Kuhad fans believe this unfussy ditty from his eponymous debut EP is his best till date. We bet you’ll relate 100 percent to “Main kaun hoon/yeh raaz hai.”
3. Had the most satisfying day in ages? Now say “Oh Love” to yourself
Twirl a little to those sprightly guitars, today’s been your day!
4. Long spells of silences between you and the lover? Play “Kho Gaye Hum Kahan”
Break that ice.
5. Cranky for no reason? Crank up the volume on “Tum Jab Paas”
This one’s a chill pill like no other motivation you need.
6. Happy and you know it? Spot imaginary rainbows with “Tune Kaha”
Because “Rango se dosti/Hai maine bhi kari!”
7. Emerge from heartache abyss with “Holding On”
It was good while it lasted. Celebrate that!
8. Let “Dil Parvah” inspire you to chase that dream
Kuhad’s collab with singer-songwriter Ankur Tewari is all the sweet motivation you need.
9. Feeling a bit nostalgic today? Relive the good times with “Yeh Pal”
Stretch your legs, nurse a drink and sing along to “Jaane kyon yeh pal pighal gaya/phisal gaya.”
10. “The world is a cruel place” kinda day
Let “Fire” ignite, release and soothe all the anger and the hurting.