Home Flashbox

Justin Bieber Cancels Remaining Tour Dates, Says Performing ‘Took a Toll’ After Ramsay-Hunt Diagnosis

"After getting off stage, the exhaustion overtook me and I realized that I need to make my health the priority right now," Bieber wrote

Published by

Justin Bieber is “taking a break” from touring. On Tuesday, the singer announced that he’s canceling the remaining dates of his Justice World Tour to focus on his health. The decision comes months after he went public with his Ramsay-Hunt syndrome diagnosis, which left his face partially paralyzed.

“Earlier this year, I went public about my battle with Ramsay Hunt syndrome, where my face was partly paralyzed,” he wrote in a statement. “As the result of this illness, I was not able to complete the North America leg of the Justice Tour.”

After resting and consulting with his doctors, family members, and his team, Bieber returned to the road in July, performing six different shows — but touring quickly proved to be too much for the star’s mental and physical health to handle.

“It took a real toll on me,” he continued. “This past weekend, I performed at Rock in Rio and I gave everything I have to the people in Brazil. After getting off stage, the exhaustion overtook me and I realized that I need to make my health the priority right now. So I’m going to take a break from touring for the time being.”

JUSTIN BIEBER/INSTAGRAM

He added, “I’m going to be OK, but I need time to rest and get better.”

“I’ve been so proud to bring this show and our message of Justice to the world,” he concluded. “Thank you for your prayers and support throughout all of this! I love you all passionately!”

Bieber was diagnosed with the rare virus — which affects nerves in the face and ear and can cause facial paralysis — in June while in the middle of the North American leg of his tour. He postponed the remainder of those shows to recover, announcing his plans in an emotional video to his fans.

In the video, he explained that the entire right side of his face was unable to move, and he could only smile and blink on the left side. “Obviously, my body’s telling me I gotta slow down,” he said at the time.

When Bieber initially returned to the stage on July 31 at Lucca Summer Festival in Italy, he commemorated the occasion by sharing several photos from the show on his Instagram. “Luv u guys and I missed you,” the caption read.

Bieber was expected to perform shows in Europe, South America, Africa, the Middle East, and Australia. He has yet to announce new dates for his tour.

From Rolling Stone US.

Recent Posts

Behemoth Cancel India Show Owing to ‘Credible Threats’ to Safety and Security

The Polish extreme metal band were slated to perform in Bengaluru on March 3, 2026.…

February 16, 2026

KR$NA, Sambata, Dhanji Announced for Simba Uproar 2026 in Mumbai

Hip-hop DJs such as Bobkat, Ishani and OG Shez also join the lineup for the…

February 16, 2026

Kanye West Confirms First India Show in March 2026

The New Delhi date adds India to his expanding global tour routing, placing him at…

February 16, 2026

3 Doors Down Were Post-Grunge Hitmakers. But the Band Couldn’t Outrun Tragedy

Singer Brad Arnold, who died this month at 47, is remembered by friends as a…

February 16, 2026

Casey Wasserman Selling His Talent Agency After Epstein Debacle: ‘I Have Become a Distraction’

A wave of talent severed ties with the agency after the revelation of emails exchanged…

February 16, 2026

Rob Halford Talks ‘Breaking the Law’ Inspiration in Clip From Judas Priest Documentary

See exclusive clip from The Ballad of Judas Priest, co-directed by Tom Morello, ahead of…

February 16, 2026