Our Yada Yada List On Seinfeld
The American comedian star of the wildly popular sitcom will be in India next month. We wouldn’t want you to be tongue-tied just in case you bumped into him, so we got you all the dirt on his life and work
Artist and event management company OML announced yesterday that the unequivocal king of comedy, Jerry Seinfeld, would be headlining their music and arts festival Stage 42. The last addition to a lineup that includes artists such as Canadian comedian Russell Peters as well as homegrown talent such as Papa CJ, Abish Mathew and more, Seinfeld will perform in Mumbai – and considering the much-loved American star’s reputation, it’s likely that the limited capacity venues will sell out quickly.
Here’sÂ a list of facts and “yada yada” about the actor behind one of the most successful shows in TV history:
– Seinfeld has an incredible collection of white sneakers, which began with a pair that belonged toÂ Joe Namath of the 1969 New York Jets, a football player who he looked up to and wanted to be like.
– In an interview with Vanity Fair, Jerry Seinfeld revealed that his fascination with the number nine factored into his decision to endÂ SeinfeldÂ after exactly nine seasons.
– Frank Sinatra died on the day of the show’s finale [no, we are not blaming Seinfeld], on May 14th, 1999. According to rumor, the ambulance arrived at Sinatra’s house in under 4 minutes because “everyone was home watching Seinfeld.”
– Seinfeld’s favorite shows growing up were Get Smart, Laugh-In and Batman.
– According to Wealth-X, Seinfeld’s net worth is $820 million which makes him wealthiest actor alive. The next fact explains why.
– The last episode of Seinfeld aired nearly 17 years ago, but the Emmy-winning sitcom still rakes in top dollar thanks to worldwide syndication deals.
– The comedian is also the author of two books ”“ the best-seller Seinlanguage(1993) and the children’s bookÂ HalloweenÂ (2003).
– Seinfeld studied Communications and Theater at City University of New York and graduated in 1976. That same year, he made his stand-up debut at an open mic night in Catch a Rising Star nightclub.
– The original concept forÂ SeinfeldÂ was a documentary-style show about how a comedian gets his material and not “a show about nothing.”
Jerry Seinfeld at Stage 42
March 14th, 2015 ”“ TBC, Mumbai
March 15th, 2015 ”“ TBC, Mumbai
Entry: Rs. 7500 onwards
Images courtesy:Â seinfeldgifs.tumblr.com,Â carygrantism.tumblr.com